- On sale!
- On sale!
High performance cementitious adhesive, with no vertical slip and extended open time for ceramic tiles and stone material.
Size: 20 kg bag
WHERE TO USE
For interior and exterior floor, wall and ceiling installations, suitable for all ceramic tile types, mosaics, porcelain, natural stone, fully vitrified and quarry tiles, over most traditional, well prepared substrates including fully cured concrete and render, plasterboard and fibre cement sheeting. Also suitable for spot bonding of insulating material such as expanded polystyrene, rock and glass wool, sound-deadening panels etc.
Some application examples
• Conventional concrete slabs or suspended concrete slabs provided they are completely cured and stable.
• Conventional renders and cement mortar walls.
• For gypsum substrates and anyhdrite screeds, provided they are dry and have been treated with a coat of Primer G.
• Plasterboard and fibre cement sheeting that is pre-primed and installed for tiling purposes.
• Underfloor heating installations, only with tiles less than 300 mm x 300 mm.
• Suitable for use over MAPEI and/or MAPEI approved waterproofing membranes.
• Tiling on existing tiles with tiles up to 400 mm x 400 mm.
• Mosaic tiles in swimming pools and basins.
• Installing floors subject to heavy stress.
Keraflex is a grey or white powder composed of cement and graded aggregates. It contains a high percentage of synthetic resins and special additives according to a formula developed in MAPEI’s research laboratories.
When Keraflex is blended with water it becomes a creamy mortar which has an exceptional pot life and is easily workable. It has excellent initial bonding and thixotropic properties allowing it to be applied on vertical substrates without dripping, sagging or allowing even heavy tiles to slip. Keraflex has an extended open time, making it ideal for Australian conditions.
Keraflex hardens without appreciable shrinkage and becomes extremely durable, bonding perfectly to most materials normally used in construction.
Do not use Keraflex in the following cases:
• on wooden substrates;
• on metallic, rubber, PVC or linoleum
• where a fast setting adhesive is required;
• on walls and floors subject to strong shrinkage, strong movement or vibration;
• where an adhesive thickness of more than 5 mm is required;
• to install agglomerates or moisture sensitive stone. Use Granirapid, Keralastic or Kerapoxy.
To see more details about MAPEI Adhesive Guide, please click here: MAPEI Adhesive Guide
Pot life: over 8 hours.
Open time: ≥ 30 minutes.
Grouting: walls: 4-6 hours;
floors: 24 hours.
Set to light foot traffic: approx. 24 hours.
Ready for use: approx. 14 days.
Colours: grey and white.
Application: notched trowel n. 4 or 5 or 6.
Storage: 12 months.
Keraflex is CE marked, as declared in ITT certificate nº 25040476/Gi (TUM) issued by the Technische Universität München laboratory (Germany).